RTV R20-e is a condensation cure (Tin Based) silicone elastomer which, after the addition of a catalyst, cures at room temperature and leads to a flexible and elastic material. RTV R20-e is excellent for making moulds for the production of parts made of different materials, such as plaster, wax, acrylic resin, polyester resin, epoxy resin, as well as silicone elastomers. Example applications include:
- Decoration items: cornices, columns, ornaments, statues
- Figurines: toys, candles, statues, giftware
- Furnishing: furniture and decorative parts
- Construction: decorative items, pavement, paving stone, columns
- Artistic foundries: molds for the lost wax casting technique.
RTV R20-e offers the following advantages:
- Good fluidity.
- Excellent mechanical properties, in particular tear strength.
- Excellent flexibility and its low modulus facilitate the mould release.
Supplied with Catalyst – 5% mix by weight. ie. 50g of catalyst to 1kg silicone.